First, the air conditioner compressor will start more gently than before. Lights will not blink or dim a smaller amount. Use a voltmeter to see a quantifiable difference.
Second, when you turn off the air conditioner compressor at the thermostat control when it is running then immediately turn it on, SoftStartRV will prevent the compressor from starting for 3-5 minutes. (This is to give the Compressor time enough to equalize). If the air conditioner compressor starts before the time limit, this may indicate a wiring problem.
Confirm and check generator Google reviews, before you buy a generator. Not all generators can start an RV air conditioner.
Generator Power Calculator – Click HERE
SoftStartRV RV A/C SoftStarter
Testing The Functioning Of The SoftStartRV Unit
AC Compressor 8.5-11.2A* 980-1300 watts*
AC Fan 2-3.5A* 230-400 watts*
Converter/Charger 5-7A* 575-800 watts*
Refrigerator 4-12A* 460-1400 watts*
Water Heater 9-13A* 1000-1500 watts*
Toaster 6-10.5A* 700-1200 watts*
Hair Dryer 13-17A* 1500-2000 watts*
Microwave 5-10.5A* 600-1200 watts*
*Consult the individual appliance data plate for exact amps/watts
*Review the Amps/Watts you have available vs the Amps/Watts of the appliances you want to operate
e.g. If your A/C compressor is running 1300 Watts and you have a 2200 Watt Generator that RUNS at 1900 watts
then you only have 600 Watts available with your A/C running on 1300 Watts.
– A 2200 watt generator normally provides around 1900 running watts
– Heat increases the amps/watts of some appliances and decreases the performance of your generator.
– Extension cord length and wire size affect the amps/watts – the shorter the cord and larger the wire size the better
– Altitude decreases generator efficiency by an estimated 3.5% per 1000’ of elevation
– Fuel source affects generator efficiency
Copyright ©2020 NetworkRV– All Rights Reserved